Saturday 23 November 2013

Natasha’s November News

Thank you all so much for your encouraging messages and prayers; we have been truly blessed by the Lord in these past months.

Back in October I had a busy month helping Joanna and Justus with grade reports. Joanna has asked me to assist Justus with some of the Registrars tasks whilst she is away next semester, and so I have been learning the ropes. Next semester will be busy with graduation, as well as completing all the grade reports, so please pray that I would be a blessing to Justus as he takes on all the Registrars duties.


Ramanzani and Natasha (in her CPC Oulton Broad t-shirt),
praying by the gate, before the visitors arrive.

I also had the privilege of helping at a medical outreach clinic. A doctor and nurse came from the States and worked alongside Ugandan medical staff to bring care to local people who lack the resources for simple medication. My job was to greet people at the gate, explain the procedure and give out numbers for all who were prepared to wait. I was thankful for Ramanzani (a student who speaks Lugandan) who helped me for most of the day. Once the people were inside and awaiting, a team of ABU students were handing out tracts and sharing the gospel. We believe nearly 300 people were seen that day and trust that our heavenly Father will use the tracts and conversations to save sinners.

Nusre Shireen Mathai giving treatment
Dr Mike MacDonald in consultation
(at the Reformed Students Organisation headquarters)
            
      
I would like to share an experience I had whilst at the clinic. Two children were playing outside the gate and when they heard the fun and games going on, as different ones sought to play and share the gospel with the waiting children, they ventured inside. Sometime later, the boy came across the road and held my hand, his name was Roland. After a while I realised that Roland had no intention of letting go of my hand and I walked him inside to encourage him to play with the other children. Roland then explained to some of the students that he was unhappy at home and had decided he was coming home with me!  Two of the students quizzed him about his home life and decided he was unloved and suffering, with a very serious look they turned to me and said “Will you take him home with you?” As you can imagine I was shocked and said I could not, Roland had a mother who loved him and she was the best person to take care of him.  Home life can be very complicated here and many children grow up in tragic situations, but I told the students Muzugus (whites) aren’t the answer, Christ is the answer. Please pray for Roland, he is very vulnerable and at high risk of abduction for child sacrifice, which is a weekly occurrence here in Kampala.  Yoram, one of the students even said he feared for Roland, for if he would go off with me after one day, he was a prime candidate for witch-doctors, who regularly steal children for sacrificing!

There were many mums and toddlers, who came for the free treatment on offer
And the staff had a great day - even though it was a very long day - and never stopped smiling.  These two are volunteers from our church (New City, Kampala), sisters Naomie and Martha.
  
Next week, we will have a Christmas Crusade across the road where we hope to reach out to our neighbours, please pray for God to be in all our plans and preparations, pray that he would bring many to hear the gospel and be saved.
Finally I would like to thank everyone who has prayed for my Proverbs classes. The Lord has helped me and the students to grow in the knowledge of him, and after much struggle we have now got to a place where we can share ideas, feelings and difficulties. Today two of the students thanked me for the course saying they felt it should be compulsory for all the ladies, and that they did not leave the classes as they had come in. I believe that is a direct answer to your prayers and I praise God for his goodness to us.

Natasha


No comments:

Post a Comment