Wednesday 20 November 2013

"Me, Jim Reeves? Don't see it myself!"

As you can see, I've been pretty productive, this morning, that's because the Ashes are back!  England v Australia, in Australia, And well worth getting up for: Just after lunch there, just before 7am here, and Australia already in trouble at 116-5.  Super, as Geoffrey Boycott would say.

Anyway, back to the title.  One of the workers here, the welder to be precise, stops me at the gate the other day, and tells me I look just like Jim Reeves!  Now if you don't know who Jim Reeves is, shame on you, but just imagine: smooth silky voice; suave appearance in a gentlemanly fashion; brylcreemed hair, side-parted; holy-looking - no, I'm not talking about myself, here, but the Francis the welder might think so, but no, I'm describing 'Gentleman Jim', as he was popularly known as.

I told Francis, I don't see it myself, but then I googled one of his albums - a very good album, by the way - I have it on vinyl, back home (vinyl means a foot in diameter, round, heavy and crackly!), and now I'm not so sure.  You check it out for yourself, below.  And if you get the chance, YouTube 'Across the Bridge', by Jim Reeves, and I guarantee you'll want the album.

No, I still don't see it!
(Just to add to this, I saw Francis yesterday and told him I'd mentioned him on my blog, but called him Frank!  "No, he says, it's Francis."  
"What is your name?" He then asked me. 
"Sean."
"Whaat?"
"Oh, just call me, Jim!")

No comments:

Post a Comment