Thursday 19 February 2015

February Foughts!

Dear Friends,

I did not go to Kajjansi today, as I had business here at ABU.  But I did go last week…but didn’t write up a report straight away, and then something else came up, and now it’s Thursday again!

Last Thursday felt like one of those days, when you are feeling your way back into things, and so the atmosphere was a little subdued.  Nevertheless, the gospel was preached and the lost reached out to.   Dr. Bob Penny is back to back to teach for the semester, and he was enthusiastic to ‘get out there’ and preach with us, and I’m sure the people of Kajjansi appreciated his Mississippi tones and extra-syllabled words!  The usual friends were there, and again showed appreciation for the message, and one young girl called Hannah stopped with a friend, to talk about ‘The Greatest Days in World History’.  She said she goes to church, but lacked assurance, so we pointed her to some helpful scriptures, and encouraged her to keep walking with Jesus.

Hannah with me, discussing the board, with visiting banker, Hugh Potts overseeing events, and visiting professor, Bob Penny seeking shade after preaching.

Please pray for the work at Kajjansi, and pray for me, as I’ve been recruited to help Kurt Schimke oversee the outreach programme.  This will involve sorting transport and transport payments for the student groups, and accompany them on their visits to places such as the Wakisa Crisis Pregnancy Centre, a couple of local schools, Kampala city centre for street ministry, and some local districts for door to door work.

As well as this new role, I’ve also been asked to preach in a few more places.  One was the Sudanese Church that meets in Zzana Presbyterian Church…a church within walking distance!  One of our Fourth Year students, Mulla Finish (so-called because his mother said her troubles had now finished due to the birth of such a strong son!), is the pastor of this church, and as a speaker had let him down, he asked if I would step in at short notice?  I found a sermon up my sleeve, so agreed, and preached my second Sudanese sermon (of course, someone was translating it into Sudanese, but it was my sermon!).  The young man who translated was very able and afterwards, many showed their appreciation.  

I have also been invited back to Busia and Lira, next month, and to Edward, our electrician’s village, very soon (possibly this Sunday!).  So I would appreciate pray for safe journeys and heavenly help with the preaching.

As for here at ABU, Natasha is very busy with all her admin duties.  With graduation at the end of May, she has much to do and get ready.  She also has her Business Stats class and home-schooling Amy Knight.  Me, well my teaching load is lighter this semester, so I’m offering my services up the road at ISU (International School of Uganda), as a swimming coach!  It also means I get to use their pool, to help keep my heart healthy!  I have also introduced Badminton to the men (who love it), and the beep test!  If you don’t know what that is, look it up – it’s tough!  Home is fine, as we say here, and we are looking forward to the visit of Amy McQueen and Joan Bryan, next month.  Owen Mace was here for the New Year period…so we are receiving guests…at last!  So if you are keen to find out what life is like in Uganda…


      
Sean gets up close to a giraffe, while Owen gets up close to a lion!



We covet your prayers, miss your fellowship and long to see you all again in the Summer.  Please take time to drop us a line…and if I Cc Natasha in the address, don’t forget to ‘Reply to all’.  

Thank you for your prayers and love,


Sean and Natasha.




No comments:

Post a Comment