Thursday 24 April 2014

Bonny and Geoff

One of my favourite talks is my ‘What If…’ talk.  It focuses on the life and death of Jesus Christ, from His conception through His miracles and words, to His death, resurrection, and return – each time asking the question, ‘what if?’   Today I only used the last three and a final application, ‘What if you die tonight?’  I then directly asked this question to Bonny and Geoffrey, who I have spoken to many times.

Bonny, back in February
...and Geoffrey, with his New Testament in hand!


Both have made promises that they would meet me at church, and both have not showed, so today was a good opportunity to share some quality time with them.  Both confess a strong desire to be saved.  Both see that there is a difference between their belief and my assurance.  Both desire to have the assurance of sins forgiven.  But both also need to work, and that means some Sundays.  Both believed me when I said, going to church will not save you; being good will not save you (because you never will be good enough); believing in God will not save you…you must have a personal relationship with Jesus, where you know Him, and He knows you.  Both agreed.  Geoffrey even commented that, even with all the money one can desire, you still will not be happy, or at peace, and Bonny agreed.  So you can see, these two young men seem so close to the kingdom.

…and today…Bonny is in the pale green shirt, and Geoffrey (with his back to the camera,) in the black pin-striped shirt.  Both are never too far away from the preaching.
I told them I had no magic words or simple steps for them to take, but could only commend them to God in prayer, which I did.  I told them they must pray and ask God to forgive them their sins and give them a new life and a new heart that desires to love and worship him.  I told them to do it tonight.

So please, pray for Bonny and Geoffrey.  My heart feels heavily burdened for them, and I have a deep compassion for them after talking to them today and seeing the need in their eyes.  Pray God will open their eyes and help them to see Him.  Pray they will know assurance of salvation, and a new desire to worship God with His people, on His day, with hearts on fire for Him and His wonderful Son.

If we ask, we will receive!  When I worked on the streets of Tenerife, 20 plus years ago, a Christian couple from Scotland (William and Mary Bingham) would regularly bring the gospel to my attention, as I accosted couples on their holidays.  Through their witness, I became curious, went to a young people’s meeting and was eventually saved.  I never got the chance to tell William and Mary until four months later, as they had returned to Scotland, but when I did, they said they knew it would happen.  I was stunned, because I didn’t even know it would happen, so how could they?  “We were praying for you,” was there simple reply.  Such faith!  Such belief!  Oh, if we only had the same.  Please, join us in prayer for Bonny and Geoffrey…if we don’t, who else will?

Many thanks, in Jesus’ wonderful name,

Sean and Natasha Kinsella

Daphine holding the board, and Frank translating…you’ll notice, he even translates the hand and arm gestures!


This man believed he would go to heaven because
 he was good! When challenged with the words
 of the Bible, ‘There is none good, no not one!’,
 he quickly departed!


It was another busy day, and many passed us by. 
But notice the unknown boy listening attentively,
for quite a while, as the word was preached! 
Praise God.



















I'm not quite sure what they are singing about, but I liked it, 
and it will give you an idea of our audience...and how close some are desperate to get!

No comments:

Post a Comment